So I fangirled when I found out my favorite artist ever was doing the Nanoha manga. But what ANN fails to tell me, I find through livejournal. She is also doing the new (?) Kiddy Grade manga! Of course I’m talking about Yukari Higa. Let’s try and get some more information available, okay?
So finding real info without resorting to japanese wikipedia is pretty hard. I’m not sure how common her name is so I could end up finding a whole bunch of info on different people. But if not, she’s a very busy girl. So the info here may be off by a inch. But I’m pretty good at this business so don’t worry.
One alias for Yukari-sama is Ishida Nodoame for which some Doujinshi was published under (including, but not limited to, To Heart2, Summon Night, and (most recently) Sekirei). I believe, but don’t quote me on this one, she has some illustrations done in a collaboration with another artist named Satsukidoh. If you want more info on her doujinshi you can see some info on her page on the Doujinshi DB Project.
Yukari-sama has done a bit of work for actual manga series, doujin work aside. The most famous would probably be the new, fourth, Nanoha series which will just be a manga. The new Kiddy Grade manga (Kiddy Girl-and Pure) went a little under the radar but is another noteworthy title. Although her most known art for original work is probably Shina Dark (if you’ve been around LS, you’ll know I’m a big fan of that series too). She has done more although they are not as recognized by the english mangaHoly ☆ Hearts which was published in Comic Rush in 2006 and SekaiSeifuku Monogatari in 2005 which also serialized in Comic Rush. community and are therefore less known. Such series include
I also know she’s done some artwork for eroge too. But I really can’t find any information about that. That’s beyond me right now.
Also, Garlet looks really moe on the latest cover of Shina Dark. :P
Below is a small timeline I’ve composed of Yukari-sama’s works but I know I’m missing some. Doujin most likely. And Ayamenoenglish info on, so I need to find the author for that still. :v She’s done another eroge I think too… Better than nothing, right? is hard as heck to find any
Illustrations (unfinished/missing entries)
- 2004 – Academy .1 (Summon Night Doujin) under alias Ishida Nodoame
– SUMMON PARTY2 (Summon Night Doujin) under alias Ishida Nodoame
- 2005 – Cherry Blossom Candy (To Heart2 Doujin) under alias Ishida Nodoame
– Sekai Seifuku Monogatari (Original, author: Akira Kamishiro)
- 2006 – Holy ☆ Hearts (Original, author: Akira Kamishiro)
- 2007 – EMPTY CAN (Summon Night Doujin) under alias Ishida Nodoame
- 2008 – Sakura Sakura First Edition (Eroge by Haikuo Soft)
– Sweet Pipit (Sekirei Doujin) under alias Ishida Nodoame
- 2009 – Shina Dark (Original, author: Bunjuro Nakayama) (2006 -2009)
– Otome Kakumei Ayameno! (Original, author: Fumihiko Shimo) (2008)
– (ongoing) Kiddy Girl-and Pure (Original, author: Hidefumi Kimura)
– (ongoing) Magical Chronicle Lyrical Nanoha Force (Original, author: Masaki Tsuzuki)
- 2010 – (ongoing) Zero no Tsukaima: Chevalier (Original, author: Noboru Yamaguichi)
If you spot any error with this information, I urge you to correct me and point my error out. For the sake of bringing more correct information forward. :)