I have waited many moons for this day to come. And best of all, it’s getting an adaption to air in the noitaminA block in January. I love- well, I used to love noitaminA. Lately we’ve had a bad relationship. But I think it’s the original stuff that has been terrible (I’m looking at you, Ano Hana and goddamn you Fractale) while their adaptions have been their stronger points. The thing is, this will be mostly original as well. There are so many different storylines and cannons for this to follow that they might as well create something new. Off the top of my head, here are all the BRS storylines I can think of:
- Original/Supercell: Huke’s original creation and the supercell video that followed
- Second PV: which made all of us think BRS and Dead Master were sisters or something
- OVA: schoolgirls, stylistic and best of all it had Miyuki Sawashiro
- Infinite Soul Manga: a generic-y fantasy-action manga that just started publishing
- The Game: Black Rock Shooter the fps doing fps things with a bushel of new characters
The Infinite Soul manga is too new for them to follow that. The game might work but I highly doubt they’ll do that and make that the main story. We don’t know the staff behind the series yet but it seems unlikely they’d follow up on the OVA. I would prefer that the most and really no Dead Master that follows will be as good as if Miyuki Sawashiro was voicing her. Following huke’s original story might be it but I’m not sure how much substance was there.
ACTUALLY I think the OVA is the most plausible route because Yamakan worked on the original BRS OVA so maybe that’s why noitaminA is on it? Well who knows. I hated Fractale but I loved the BRS OVA.